These are videos I have used during therapy to illustrate various concepts.
© Social Thinking Concepts
- Invisible Car crash: Used when discussing the unexpected and feeling comfortable or uncomfortable with Social Detective Curriculum by Michelle Winner.
- Impossible Present by Royal and Vimeo : illustrates Rock Brain
- Social Filter: A 4 minute video clip to illustrate the importance of a social filter.
- Awkward Staring Man: Used when discussing the unexpected and feeling comfortable or uncomfortable with Social Detective Curriculum by Michelle Winner.
- A Family Guy clip that illustrates sarcasm.
- The Big Bang Theory illustrates sarcasm
- What You Think VS What You Say | RidiculousRoze – YouTube
- Social Skills Video: Think it Or Say It – YouTube
- Taking a Break to Calm Down
- The Myth of Average: A thought provoking video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBmyttcfU4
- Tim’s Restaurant: http://www.wimp.com/friendliestrestaurant/ The owner has Downs.
- Don’t Laugh at Me by Peter, Paul and Mary : This seems to be a good video to open discussion about individual differences and abilities.
- Animated-Drive: An interesting video on what motivates us. It may not be as simple as giving a reward.
- Patrick Henry Hughes: Not your ordinary individual in the marching band.
- A Secret Code: Its not a video but I think I can use a code to illustrate the difficulties of reading when the symbols are not familiar.
- Stuttering Stan Takes a Stand: An audio story about teasing and standing up for yourself
- Shelby the Unique Sheep: An audio story about celebrating differences.